CHICKEN MAKHANI WITH BASMATI RICE
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- ¼ tsp Chili
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tablespoons of yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 250 g tomato sauce
- 500 g chicken breast
- 1 cup Basmati rice Krina
This rice variety is in the center of many exotic recipes. Here’s a proposal that requires little attention and few specific spices.
- Fry the chopped onion in butter and peanut oil.
- Mix with the lemon juice, ginger, Garam masala, chili, ground cumin and bay leaf.
- Add the yogurt, sour cream and tomato sauce. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes on low heat.
- In a separate pan fry the chicken breast until it becomes golden. Pour the sauce on the chicken and cook for 10 minutes.
- Wash Basmati rice Krina. Melt a pat of butter and fry the rice. Add salt to taste and pour 2 cups of boiling water.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Serve the rice with the chicken and chopped fresh coriander.