BRUSCHETTA WITH BUTTER BEANS
- 300 g Butter beans Krina
- 100 g bacon
- 3-4 sprigs finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
Except for traditional soups and stews, beans can be used for some more complicated but very appetizing starters and salads. Here’s a suggestion, which will impress even the most picky guests.
- Boil Butter beans Krina. Add salt to taste and drain.
- In a separate pan, heat the olive oil and fry until the bacon, becomes golden, add the green onion, cream cheese, Dijon mustard and mint. Add the beans and stir.
- Toast a few slices of bread, sprinkle with olive oil and coat with the beans mixture.
- Garnish with fresh mint and serve.